Standard 1: Ethics, Mission and Community Engagement
“Land trusts maintain high ethical standards and have a mission committed to conservation, community service, and serving the public interest.”
- Adopt a written code of ethics and/or values statement and adhere to it in implementing the land trust’s mission, in its governance and in its operations.
- Adopt a written whistleblower policy that protects individuals who come forward with information on illegal practices or unethical behaviour.
- Do not participate in transactions that are potentially fraudulent or abusive.
|Ethics Policy & Statement – Template||Ontario Land Trust Alliance||——————–||35 KB|
|Statement of Values & Code of Ethics||Independent Sector||2004||110 KB||word|
|Whistle Blower Policy||Ontario Land Trust Alliance||2019||47 KB||word|
B. Mission, Planning and Evaluation
- Adopt a mission that advances conservation and serves the public interest.
- Establish strategic goals for implementing the mission, and then review and update them, as needed, at least once every five years.
- Review your programs and activities at least annually to ensure they are advancing the strategic goals and make adjustments, as appropriate.
|Strategic Plan 2017-2020||Ontario Land Trust Alliance||2017||160 KB|
|Strategic Planing Process||Institute for Conservation Leadership||——————-||51 KB|
|OFT Strategic Plan 2017 – 2020||Ontario Farmland Trust||2017||314 KB||word|
|ORMLT Strategic Plan 2012 – 2016||Oak Ridges Moraine Land Trust||2012||871 KB||word|
|Ten Ingredients of Sustainable Organization||Institute for Conservation Leadership||2015||78 KB|
C. Community Engagement
- Develop an inclusive, welcoming organizational culture that respects diversity.
- Seek to engage people who are representative of the community in which the land trust works and foster opportunities to connect them with the land.
- Develop an understanding of the land trust’s community, and communicate the land trust’s work, services and impact in a manner that resonates with and engages that community.
- Build, maintain and enhance relationships with community leaders and other groups interacting with the land trust community.
- When applicable, engage with local indigenous communities to discuss how traditional knowledge and practices can inform the land trust’s programs and activities.
|Public Relations & Education Policy – Template||Ontario Land Trust Alliance||——————-||7 KB||word|
|Social Media Style Guide||Ontario Farmland Trust||2018||1,266 KB|
|Communications & Outreach Program||Oak Ridges Moraine Land Trust||2012||361 KB||word|