The OLTA Land Trust Gathering is the annual training, skills development and networking conference bringing together land trust, conservation professionals and those in the broader environmental industry and the charitable sector from across Ontario. Conference participants benefit from workshops and plenary sessions. There is also plenty of time for informal networking and celebrating accomplishments with your colleagues!
2019 OLTA Gathering – Registration is now open!
“A Place To Grow: Protection and Connection”
We are delighted to be hosting this year’s Gathering at Isaiah Tubbs Resort in Prince Edward County. We are excited to bring you two half day sessions on Sunday October 6th. There will be a tour of Prince Edward County’s South Shore or a board governance session for board members – new and old. We are excited to announce that Rick Beaver, restoration ecologist, visual artist and member of Alderville First Nation, will be our opening speaker. There will also be a student poster display. See details below.
Registration is now closed. Please contact the OLTA office if you have missed the deadline for other options.
2018 Gathering: Collaborating for Conservation - Strength in Diversity
Presentations from 2018 Gathering:
7B Collaborating with Indigenous Communities
8B Cultural Diversity & Community Engagement
– Newcomer Leadership – Parkdale Neighbourhood Land Trust
– How to Engage Multicultural Audience
Thank you to our 2018 Supporters
2017 Gathering: Promoting Excellence in Conservation
Presentations from 2017 Gathering:
- Opening Plenary – John Ross
- 1A CE Case Law CEA Template
- 1B Climate Change & Climate Change Simulations -Michael Drescher
- 2 Good Governance and CLT S&P – Karen Cooper
- 3 Protected Areas – Lisa McLaughlin and Jason Travers
- 4A Successful Land Securement –
- 4B Accreditation – Dan Cooper and Lisa McLaughlin